Projection Plus - SBQ Projection Emulsion
FAST-EXPOSING PROJECTION EMULSION WITH EXCELLENT DEFINITION AND RESOLUTION, AND GOOD EXPOSURE LATITUDE; MINIMAL DOT GAIN; COMPLETE SOLVENT RESISTANCE
Projection Plus is a ready-to-use, fast exposing photopolymer (SBQ) projection emulsion.
- Reclaims easily
- Completely solvent resistant
- Dries and washes out quickly, speeding production
- Superior edge definition and resolution
- Good exposure latitude
- Minimal dot gain
- Common wash-up solvents, including aggressive thinners
- 1GUFPROPLUS 1 gallon (3.785 liters) 4 per carton
- 5GUFPROPLUS 5 gallons (18.927 liters)
- 50GUFPROPLUS 50 gallons (1041 liters)
- Because of the solids content and thixotropic nature of Projection Plus, good stencils can be produced with just one coating on the squeegee side of the screen. For improved quality, coat the printing side of the screen, then on the squeegee side, wet-on-wet.
- The screen should be dried in a dust-free drying cabinet with a filtered fresh air supply at a maximum temperature of 40°C. (100°F). The thixotropic nature of Projection Plus allows the screen to be dried in a vertical position without loss of print quality.
- Expose Projection Plus on the squeegee side of the screen. Metal halide-sourced projectors provide the best exposure for Projection Plus. As many variables affect the exposure, the only way to determine the optimum exposure time is by performing a Step Wedge Test. For the best stencil resistance, select the highest exposure time at which the finest details still resolve.
- BASE EXPOSURE TABLE
- (Approximate Exposure Time on White mesh)
Type of Projector Fabric/Coating Enlargement Exposure
Rachwal 156/in.(61/cm) 1 coat 13X 90 seconds
Proka 355/in.(140/cm) 1 coat 10X 40 seconds
Proka 355/in.(140/cm) 2 coats 6X 35 seconds
Opti-Copy 125/in.(49/cm) 1 coat 12X 150 seconds
Svecia 305/in.(120/cm) 1 coat 10X 280 seconds
- EXPOSURE VARIABLE FACTORS
High Humidity: 1.3 - 1.8
Dyed = 1.5 - 2.0
Coarser than 120/cm = 1.1 - 2.0
Finer than 120/cm = 0.7 - 0.9
- TOUCH-UP /BLOCK-OUT
- We recommended Screen Filler No. 60 or Extra Heavy Blockout No. 10.
- We recommended Stencil Remover Liquid No. 4, Stencil Remover Paste No. 5, Stencil Remover Powder No. 44, or Stencil Remover Liquid Concentrate No. 42. Projection Plus stencils are generally easy to reclaim.
- PRODUCT FEATURES
- pH: 4.3
- HEALTH HAZARDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- Please refer to our Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- At normal room temperature: 18 months (protect from freezing)
Coated screens: 4 weeks (in a cool, dry, completely dark environment)
- During storage after coating, the emulsion can absorb moisture from the environment. Therefore, re-dry stored, coated screens prior to exposure.